Want to join a close knit team where you can showcase your skills, provide advice and support in the planning, development and delivery of a range of communications to a diverse audience?
Vacancy OS 007
At Te Puni Kōkiri, the Ministry of Māori Development, we support and work in partnership with the Government to design and deliver policies, as well as innovative targeted investment initiatives that have a significant and positive impact on Māori.
Our commitment to enable whānau, hapū and iwi to succeed underpins everything that we do, and supports our vision of ‘Thriving whānau’.
To support the organisation to achieve this work we are currently seeking a fixed term Senior Advisor to join our Communications team within the Organisational Support Te Puni.
Our Senior Advisors operate alongside and support the business partners support our staff with complex communication needs to develop and implement kaupapa communications plans ensuring that they are aligned to our communications strategy, as well as leveraging consistent branding, promotion collateral, and tailoring social media approaches to meet individual business partner needs.
To be successful in either of this role, you will have:
- Strong understanding of Te Ao Māori and a degree of fluency in te reo Māori
- Understanding of the relevance of the Treaty of Waitangi to the work being undertaken
- Have experience working with Māori along with a respect for Māori cultural values and customs
- Excellent written communications skills including editorial and design skill
- A knowledge of communication planning principles and media engagement theory and practice
- Experience in working with Iwi, hapū, whānau, Māori organisations and Māori communities
- Experience in speech writing
- A relevant tertiary qualification and proven current experience in a communications or other relevant discipline
- A high level of commitment to detail, quality, thoroughness and delivery.
Further information about the role can be found in the attached job description. To apply, please email your cv, covering letter and a completed application form to email@example.com.