Te Puni Kōkiri pays tribute to the recipients of the New Year Honour’s 2015.
Published: Wednesday, 21 January 2015 | Rāapa, 21 Kohitātea, 2015
The following were appointed to the New Zealand Order of Merit for their contributions to the Māori community:
- The Honourable Tariana Turia was made a Dame for services as a Member of Parliament (DNZM).
- Robin Cooper was made a Companion of New Zealand Order of Merit (CNZM), for services to Māori health.
The following were made Officers of the New Zealand Order of Merit (ONZM),
- Dr Monty Soutar, of Gisborne. For services to Māori and historical research.
- Kukupa Tirikatene, of Auckland. For services to Māori and education.
- Colleen Elizabeth Urlich, JP, of Dargaville. For services to Māori art.
- Roma Hippolite, of Keilor, Australia, was made a Member (MNZM) for services to Māori and health.
The following were awarded a Queen’s Service Medal (QSM) for services to Māori,
- Aroha Campbell
- Teariki Mei
- Hoana Pearson
Te Puni Kōkiri congratulates the recipients and recognise their contributions on shaping the destiny of whānau, hapū and Iwi Māori, and New Zealand.