National Office - Wellington
Vacancy OS 057
Te Puni Kōkiri (Ministry of Māori Development) is a government agency who works within government and communities to achieve our vision of Thriving Whānau.
The wellbeing of whānau, hapū and iwi is central to the future wellbeing of Aotearoa (New Zealand). The very broad role of Te Puni Kōkiri, our access to information and ability to make connections, make us ideally placed to spark innovation.
We work to bring innovation in carrying out our key roles of leading work towards policy and legislative changes as well as innovative approaches that will deliver improved outcomes for Māori.
We influence the work of others by working in partnership, and bring Māori voices to decision makers and we invest with Māori to pursue opportunities, including through funding and partnerships. To achieve this we engage with whānau, hapū and iwi, and partner with other public sector agencies.
Information Services team have a permanent position for a Systems Administrator.
In this position you will be responsible for providing, first and some second level Help Desk support to ensure the we are meeting and maintaining our agreed service levels to Ministry’s technical infrastructure of PC’s, servers, networks, telecommunications, and databases operate reliably and securely.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- Previous Help Desk or systems support experience
- Windows administration
- Microsoft Office experience
- Microsoft Exchange familiarity
- Be able to transfer knowledge to user community in Te Puni Kōkiri
- High level of communication skills, problem solving and listening that results in reduction of repeat calls
- Analytical skills that enable accurate trouble shooting
- Strong customer service ethic
- Demonstrated ability to “think outside the square” when solving problems
- Understanding and experience in setting up, troubleshooting and using video conferencing, AV and other meeting room technologies
You must also be:
- Prepared to work outside normal working hours; and
If you are interested in working with us as our new Systems Administrator, and meet the above requirements, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please send a covering letter, your current CV and a completed application form to email@example.com .