Te Puni Kōkiri (Ministry of Māori Development) is a government agency who works within government and communities to achieve our vision of Thriving Whānau.
The wellbeing of whānau, hapū and iwi is central to the future wellbeing of Aotearoa (New Zealand). The very broad role of Te Puni Kōkiri, our access to information and ability to make connections, make us ideally placed to spark innovation.
We work to bring innovation in carrying out our key roles of leading work towards policy and legislative changes as well as innovative approaches that will deliver improved outcomes for Maori.
We influence the work of others by working in partnership, and bring Maori voices to decision makers and we invest with Maori to pursue opportunities, including through funding and partnerships. To achieve this we engage with whānau, hapū and iwi, and partner with other public sector agencies.
The Legal Services team is dynamic and outcome focused, providing excellence in legal advice and support to the Executive Leadership Team and to the five Te Puni that make up Te Puni Kōkiri. The work and experience of the team is diverse and is an excellent environment in which to develop your professional capability.
We now have a vacancy for a Solicitor and are now seeking to recruit to this position.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have the following:
- Have a good working knowledge of the public sector and the machinery of government
- The ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Self motivated and driven to achieve set targets
- Have a sound understanding of Māori Affairs legislation, the Treaty of Waitangi and issues prevalent in the area of Māori affairs and issues
- Work to support team goals and objectives
- A law degree and preferably 2 years legal experience
- Have an understanding and appreciation of tikanga; Te Reo Māori and Māori development kaupapa
To apply please email your CV, covering letter and a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.