We have an exciting career opportunity available in Waikato-Waiariki Regional Office, Te Puni Kōkiri, Hamilton, as an Advisor. You will have the opportunity to facilitate regional partnerships and to work with stakeholders across the iwi, public and private sectors.
We are looking for an intelligent and innovative Advisor who has:
- Experience in working with whānau, hapū, iwi, Māori organisation’s and Māori communities;
- Understanding and knows about government and public sector processes including how and why government can work together with regional communities;
- Worked with communities and government agencies;
- Experience in local contractual arrangements and leading relationships with stakeholders;
- Understanding of the relevance of the Treaty of Waitangi to the work being undertaken;
- Proven effective use of project management disciplines to support work;
- Understanding the relevance of the treaty of Waitangi to the work being undertaken;
- Excellent communication skills including a conversational level of te reo Maori; and
- Ability to identify, build and actively manage significant relationships, valuing diverse perspectives and experiences
So if you have skills as a professional or if you have a similar background this may be an exciting opportunity for you! As a successful candidate you will contribute to regional work programmes including leading and providing policy advice across a range of project related issues significant to Māori and Government.
In return you will enjoy the benefits of working in a supportive environment, with opportunity for career progression in an organisation which plays a key role in ‘Whānau Taurikura’ - ‘Thriving Whānau’.
If this role sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
See below to download a copy of the job description and application form for Advisor Waikato Office, Regional Partnerships.
To apply, email your CV, Covering letter and a completed Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5 pm, 23 August 2019.