Te Puni Kōkiri is seeking to fill two roles:
- Senior Advisor
- Advisor, Business Growth
These two roles are exciting career opportunities available in the Ikaroa Rāwhiti Regional Office, Te Puni Kōkiri, Hastings, reporting to the Regional Manager.
In this role you are accountable for leading the regional office work programme and you will be able to:
- work with agencies, organisations and providers to assist them to improve their outcomes for Māori
- acts as an effective conduit for information both into and out of Māori communities to support Māori initiatives
- manages and analyses information at a local level on Māori views, aspirations and experiences, to contribute to Te Puni Kōkiri policy thinking
- assists whānau, hapū, iwi, Māori organisation’s and communities to develop and implement initiatives that will enable them to achieve long-term economic and social development
- manage local level contractual arrangements and be a leader in the relationships held with stakeholders
- provide mentoring and coaching to Advisors in the region
- inform investment decisions in partnership with the Investment Team and policy colleagues.
To be successful in the role you will bring either public or private sector experience, and will ideally possess:
- Experience in community development working with whānau, hapū, iwi, Māori organisation’s and Māori communities
- Ability to identify, build and actively manage significant relationships, valuing diverse perspectives and experiences
- Comfort in working in a tikanga/kaupapa Māori environment, a degree of fluency in Te reo Māori is of benefit
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven effective use of project management disciplines to support work
- Understanding of the government and the public service and public sector Understanding of the relevance of the Treaty of Waitangi to the work being undertaken
- A clean full motor vehicle driver’s license.
Advisor Business Growth
In this role you will have the opportunity to facilitate regional partnerships and to work with stakeholders across the iwi, public and private sectors.
We are looking for an intelligent and innovative Advisor who will provide support in a key front-line role for delivering generalist support services at the business start-up point in the continuum in line with the national strategy and operational policy.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in working with local iwi, hapū and whānau Maori.
- Experience in facilitating the establishment and consideration of business growth (business or otherwise) opportunities.
- Extensive experience in central government processes in providing policy advice to local agencies, organisations and Māori communities.
- Extensive experience in facilitating Hui.
- A clean full motor vehicle driver’s licence
In return we offer a diverse and rewarding working environment with a strong focus on solutions that will assist in serving our communities.
See below to download a copy of the job description and application form for the Senior Advisor (RP 065) and Advisor Business Growth (RP 073) roles.
To apply, please email your CV, Covering letter and a completed Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5pm 30 August 2019.
Advisor Business Growth