Te Puni Kōkiri invites people to come along and support this exciting and vibrant event during the Māori New Year – Matariki. The Tāmaki-makau-rau Homeless wānanga is a first time event to be held in Auckland to address the social and cultural needs but more importantly the day-to-day needs of our homeless Māori whānau in New Zealand’s largest city, Auckland. This will be held between July 2 – 3.
Published: Thursday, 11 June 2015 | Rāpare, 11 Pipiri, 2015
The Wānanga aims to:
empower Māori homeless whānau in Tāmaki-makau-rau to make positive life choices
provide a sense of cultural pride and rejuvenation through the celebration of Matariki – the Māori New Year
encourage awareness within the wider community so we can all make a difference
- promote social growth and development to our Māori homeless whānau through service support and community initiatives
Where is the Wānaga being held?
Tātai Hono Marae
8 Burleigh Street,
When is it being held?
Thursday July 2nd & Friday July 3rd
How can you tautoko?
- We are looking for sponsors, both financial and in-kind to host the 2 days
- We have secured a venue for the two days, but need help with resourcing of the day e.g. food, clothing, etc
- We want to develop care packs for homeless people to take away, and are seeking donation of goods etc
- We are looking for people to volunteer to facilitate wānanga on the day, and sponsor this korero
To volunteer or provide help:
- Email email@example.com (include your name, contact details, and how you can contribute)
For more information:
- Contact Diana Hegan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 09 571 2942.