Table of contents
As a member of both the Taskforce for Action on Sexual Violence and the Taskforce for Action on Violence within Families, Te Puni Kōkiri completed two significant initiatives – the Tiaki Tinana Report and the Māori Research Agenda.
The Tiaki Tinana Report is a case study of Tiaki Tinana, a sexual violence prevention project delivered within a Kaupapa Māori Framework. You can download a summary publication of this report below.
The Māori Research Agenda, informed by a literature review, case studies and expert advice, identifies seven research priorities that support the development of an evidence base to validate Māori approaches to eliminate violence within Māori communities. You can download a summary publication of this report below.
The full report of Tiaki Tinana along with the full reports on the Family Violence Literature Review and the Māori Research Agenda can be downloaded below.
In addition, to support the work of the Taskforce for Action on Sexual Violence, Ngā Kaitiaki Mauri o Te Ohākī a Hine were commissioned by Te Puni Kōkiri to conduct a study into Kaupapa and Tikanga Māori service response for whānau impacted by sexual violence. Also, a case study of Tū Wāhine Trust was conducted to provide an exemplar of a successful Kaupapa and Tikanga Māori organisation. This report is available on the Ministry of Justice site.
- About: Whānau Ora
- Published in 2010
- Tiaki Tinana : a case study on creating conversations about sexual violence factsheet
- Rangahau Tūkino Whānau : Maori Research Agenda on Family Violence Information Sheet
- Tiaki Tinana : A case study on creating conversations about sexual violence
- Rangahau Tūkino Whānau : Māori research agenda on family violence
- Arotake Tūkino Whānau : Literature Review on Family Violence