Rauika, to assemble or gather, is an on-line events and opportunities calendar managed by Te Puni Kōkiri.
Individuals and organisations are invited to submit events and opportunities that are aimed at Māori audiences and in some way contribute to Māori development.
Once your event is submitted, it will be moderated by our Rauika team and posted within one working day, or if there are any problems, we will contact you directly. If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Events and opportunities included in Rauika
- Te Puni Kōkiri events including consultation or information hui
- Any public event run by Crown Entities and other major organisations funded through Vote: Māori Affairs (eg; Whānau Ora Commissioning Agencies; Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Māori)
- Consultation or information hui run by other State Sector agencies that are aimed primarily at Māori
- Consultation or information hui run by other State Sector agencies that support Te Puni Kōkiri kaupapa
- Consultation or information hui run by private sector organisations that are aimed primarily at Māori and support Te Puni Kōkiri kaupapa.
- Treaty settlement consultation or information hui
- Te Puni Kōkiri milestones (such as closing dates for submissions on consultation documents)
- Events sponsored by Te Puni Kōkiri
- Initiatives sponsored by Te Puni Kōkiri where there is not an event attached
- Any event that promotes te reo Māori or has a strong te reo Māori component
- Art exhibitions involving Māori artists
- Events that relate to an overall Māori anniversary, festival, promotion (eg; Waitangi Day, Matariki)
- Closing dates for scholarships, grants and other opportunities solely for Māori or where the organisers specifically welcome applications from Māori.
Events and opportunities considered on a case by case basis
- Wider State Sector milestones (such as closing dates for submissions on parliamentary bills)
- Theatre or other performances that have a Māori kaupapa or significant Māori input
- Whānau hui and reunions
Events that will not be included in Rauika
- Conference, events and shows which do not have a strong kaupapa Māori aspect
- Political Party events
- Sports events - unless there is a specific Māori focus to it
- Whānau celebrations such as birthdays or weddings.