Submissions must reach Te Arawhiti no later than 5:00pm Monday 15 June 2020 and can be mailed to the Negotiation and Settlement Manager, Te Hauāuru, Office of Treaty Settlements, SX 10111, Wellington; or emailed to Submissions@tearawhiti.govt.nz. All submissions will be provided to MPWCT and will be subject to the Official Information Act 1982.
MPWCT’s dDOM is a development of MPWCT’s Mandate Strategy published on 25 May 2019. Key changes include: expanded section A (History); new Section B (claimant definition); new section J (issues raised during mandate process); new section K (description of voting process); updated section L (dispute resolution and withdrawal process), and, additional appendices including a MPWCT Trust Communication Strategy and Marae Engagement Strategy.
Mōkai Pātea Claimant Community
MPWCT is seeking a mandate to represent all persons who descend from Tamateapokaiwhenua and who affiliate to one or more of the following tribal groups and their respective whanau and hapū: Ngāi Te Ohuake, Ngāti Hauiti, Ngāti Whitikaupeka, Ngāti Tamakōpiri.
Mōkai Pātea Nui Tonu is the collective group composed of individuals who descend, and each individual who descends, from an ancestor of Mōkai Pātea Nui Tonu and includes every whānau, hapū, or collective group to the extent that it is composed of those individuals, including the following: Ngāti Hauiti, Ngāti Whitikaupeka, Ngāti Tamakōpiri, Ngāi Te Ohuake, Ngāti Hinemanu, Ngāti Paki, Ngāti Hau; Ngāti Tamakorako; Ngāti Honomokai, Ngāi Te Upokoiri: Ngāi Te Upokoiri (II), Ngāi Te Ngāruru, Ngāi Te Ngahoa, Ngāti Ruaanga, Ngāti Haukaha; Ngāti Tamatereka, Ngāti Hora, Ngāti Tumōkai, Ngāti Hinetio, Ngāti Whiti-Hauiti, Ngāti Rangiwhaiao, Ngāti Whiti Tūturu, Ngāti Whiti-Tama, Ngāi Tautahi, Ngāti Tuope, Ngāti Tamakaiaorangi, Ngāti Hinetai, Ngāti Tamapinea, Rangitoea, Ngāti Tamawhiti, Ngāti Tama Tūturu, Ngāti Te Taenui, Ngāti Tūtakaroa, Ngāti Tamakaitangi and Hikakainga.
Mōkai Pātea Marae
Mōkai Pātea marae include Tahuhu, Rātā, Winiata, Kaiewe, Opaea, Te Riu o Puanga, and Moawhango.
The Wai claims to be represented in negotiations are all claims, whether registered or unregistered, that arise from Crown actions and omissions that occurred prior to 21 September 1992. The Wai claims are 37^,263^, 378^, 382^, 385*, 400^, 401^, 581*, 588*, 647*, 662*, 933^,1196^, 1632^, 1639*, 1705*, 1835^, 1868*, 1888*, 2091*, and 2157^ (*=settled exclusively, ^=settled insofar as they relate to Mōkai Pātea).
Submissions must reach OTS no later than 5:00pm Monday 15 June 2020.
For further information, and to view the draft Mandate Strategy, please visit the Te Arawhiti website www.govt.nz/treaty-settlement-documents/mokai-patea/ or the MPWCT website www.mokaipateaclaims.maori.nz/draft-deed-of-mandate/.
- Appendix A - Mokai Patea Nui Tonu Whakapapa.pdf
- Appendix B - Ngai Te Ohuake Traditional Rohe.jpg
- Appendix C - Ngati Hauiti Traditional Rohe.jpg
- Appendix D - Ngati Whitikaupeka Traditional Rohe.jpg
- Appendix E - Ngati Tamakopiri Traditional Rohe.jpg
- Appendix F - Mokai Patea Nui Tonu Area of Interest.pdf
- Appendix G - Mokai Patea Structural Chart of Hapu, Runanga and Claimant Community.pdf
- Appendix H - Mokai Patea Trust Deed May 2019 FINAL.pdf
- Appendix H1 - List of Current Hapu Delegates on Iwi Runanga (002).pdf
- Appendix I - List of Engagement Hui.pdf
- Appendix J - MPWCT Communication Plan Annual Plan 2019-2020.pdf
- Appendix K - Mokai Patea Registration Form.pdf
- Appendix L - Mokai Patea draft Mandate Strategy 2019.pdf
- Appendix M - Marae Engagement Strategy.pdf
- Appendix N - Mandate Hui advertisement (example 1).pdf
- Appendix N - Mandate Hui advertisement (example 2).pdf
- Appendix N - Mandate Hui advertisement (example 3).pdf
- Appendix O - Independent Election Services Final Report 21 August 2019.pdf
- Appendix P - Mokai Patea Mandate Hui presentation.pdf
- Appendix Q - TPK Observer Notes of Mandate Hui.pdf
- Appendix R - Notification of Mandate Vote Results.pdf
- Appendix S - Summary of Voting process complaint and response.pdf
- Appendix T - Te Arawhiti confirmation of integrity of mandate vote 11 March 2020.pdf
- Mokai Patea dDoM 12 May 2020.pdf