Te Whanganui a Tara – Wellington
He Whānau Taurikura – Thriving Whānau
Te Puni Kōkiri (Ministry of Māori Development) is a government agency that works across Government and with whānau, hapū, iwi and other Māori communities to achieve our vision of Thriving Whānau.
The wellbeing of whānau, hapū, iwi and other Māori communities is central to the future wellbeing of Aotearoa (New Zealand). We seek to expand social and economic prosperity for Māori by connecting them with opportunities that create growth and enhance the resilience of whānau.
We bring innovation to our key role of leading work in policy and legislative change that will deliver improved outcomes for Māori.
As a Senior Advisor, Communications you will contribute to the enhancement of the Ministry’s reputation with Māori, the Public Sector, Media and Government by providing advice and support across Te Puni Kōkiri for the planning, development and delivery of communications.
You will work with the Communications Manager and other members of the team to ensure that communications promote the Ministry’s reputation and achievements. The position is to support both internal and external communication needs. Travel will be required in this role to support the communications needs of the regional teams.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification, or at least 5 years’ experience, in communications and/or marketing and /or journalism
- A strong understanding and working knowledge of the machinery of government
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Experience and expertise in communications tools and techniques
- Understanding of Te Ao Māori and a degree of fluency in te reo Māori
- Well-developed relationship management skills to work with a broad range of people including senior management, staff, external media and external contractors
- Experience in working with Iwi, hapū, whānau, Māori organisations and Māori communities
- Comfortable in working in a Tikanga / kaupapa Māori environment.
- Online and social media experience with use of Adobe suite an advantage
See below to download a copy of the job description and application form for the role.
To apply, please email your CV, Covering letter and a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Monday 29 April 2019.