Te Puni Kōkiri (Ministry of Māori Development) is a government agency who works within government and communities to achieve our vision of Thriving Whānau.
The wellbeing of whānau, hapū and iwi is central to the future wellbeing of Aotearoa (New Zealand). The very broad role of Te Puni Kōkiri, our access to information and ability to make connections, make us ideally placed to spark innovation.
We work to bring innovation in carrying out our key roles of leading work towards policy and legislative changes as well as innovative approaches that will deliver improved outcomes for Māori.
We influence the work of others by working in partnership, and bring Māori voices to decision makers and we invest with Māori to pursue opportunities, including through funding and partnerships. To achieve this we engage with whānau, hapū and iwi, and partner with other public sector agencies.
Te Puni Kōkiri (The Ministry of Māori Development) seeks applications for a talented and enthusiastic Executive Assistant who will report to the Deputy Chief Executive Investment and provide high calibre and intelligent support to work programmes and personnel in the Investment Te Puni and across Te Puni Kōkiri where required.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven experience as an Executive Assistant at Tier 2 Level within a government or corporate environment.
- Comfort in working in a Tikanga / kaupapa Māori environment. A degree of fluency in te reo Māori would be of benefit.
- Self-starter capabilities and the ability to work in challenging environments.
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft packages especially outlook, word, excel, and power point.
- A sound understanding of the accounting cycle and the role that accurate and timely financial processing plays in this.
- Demonstrated capability to understand the needs and requirements of a core government department.
- A sound understanding of the significance of confidentiality and integrity.
- An awareness of the importance of professional presentation.
- Well-developed communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated self-motivation, good judgement, the ability to set objectives and establish priorities, organise work and resources to ensure priorities and objectives are met on time.
To apply, please send your current CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.