Ngāti Hāua Iwi Trust’s mandate strategy sets out the mandate proposal including:
- the claimant and claim definitions (including ancestors, hapū, marae and Wai claims) of the proposed mandate
- Ngāti Hāua Iwi Trust’s representative structure, and
- Ngāti Hāua Iwi Trust’s process for seeking a mandate.
The mandate sought is to negotiate all of the historical claims of Ngāti Hāua — whether registered or unregistered — relating to Crown actions and omissions that occurred prior to 21 September 1992.
For a list of Wai numbers covered by this mandate strategy, please see the attached advertisement below under 'Supporting documents'.
The Office of Treaty Settlements invites submissions, views or inquiries on the mandate proposal as set out in the mandate strategy submitted by Ngāti Hāua Iwi Trust.
You can find the strategy under 'Supporting documents' below.
Submissions must be sent to:
Settlement Development Team
Office of Treaty Settlements
DX SX 10111
or by email: OTS_subs@justice.govt.nz
All submissions must be received by 11 January 2017.
All correspondence will be subject to the Official Information Act 1982 and shared with Ngāti Hāua Iwi Trust.
Following consideration of submissions and the mandate vote, the Minister for Treaty of Waitangi Negotiations and Minister for Māori Development will decide whether to recognise that a mandate has been conferred.
- Registration Form [Word, 75KB]
- Draft mandate strategy 13 Dec 2016 [PDF, 376KB]
- Ngāti Hāua Iwi Trust Deed 13 Dec 2016 [PDF 3.4MB]
- Ngati Haua AGM minutes 2 July 2016 [PDF 76KB]