Whānau Ora puts whānau and families in control of the services they need to work together, build on their strengths and achieve their aspirations.
About Whānau Ora
Whānau Ora belongs to whānau and families.
Whānau are the leaders in determining what their oranga means to them. The Whānau Ora outcomes framework shows whānau ora is achieved when whānau are:
- living healthy lifestyles
- participating fully in society
- confidently participating in te ao Māori
- economically secure and involved in wealth creation
- cohesive, resilient, and nurturing
- stewards of their natural and living environments.
Whānau Ora puts whānau and families in control of services they need to build on their strengths and achieve their aspirations.
It uses a kaupapa Māori approach in an integrated way to improve the wellbeing of whānau as a group, addressing the individual needs within the context of whānau or families and their culture.
Whānau Ora is for all people of Aotearoa New Zealand.
For enquiries about Whānau Ora:
Contact your local Te Puni Kōkiri office or
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 875 663.