Whānau, hapū and iwi Māori improving their lives through active participation and healthier lifestyles.
Moving the Māori Nation promotes Whānau Ora through whakapakari tinana and is aimed at improving the wellbeing of whānau Māori
Matika - Moving the Māori Nation Investment is to support projects that demonstrate a clear pathway to broader Whānau Ora outcomes and life changing behaviours.
Matika - Moving the Māori Nation Investment is for projects that:
- provide or facilitate whakapakari tinana activities that affect positive behavioural and lifestyle change for whānau, or,
- create opportunities for whānau engagement that lead to healthy lifestyles, such as, activities relating to nutrition, cooking, exercise, recreation and training and wider well-being.
It does not support
- whanau to hold, train or attend one off events or activities
- sponsorship for events or activities
- travel, admin or capital costs for events of activities
- events or activities that are deemed to be well-established or business-as-usual
How to Apply
There is no closing date to receive applications meaning they can be received throughout the year, or until the fund has been allocated. Instructions are in the Application Form.
Once completed you must send it to your nearest Te Puni Kōkiri regional office.
If you, your whānau or a provider of healthy lifestyle activities is looking for ways to improve Māori wellbeing, contact us to find out how the Fund may be able to help.
You can get in touch through any of our regional offices.
Our Matika Stories
Across Aotearoa whānau, hapū and iwi Māori are improving their lives through active participation and healthier lifestyles. Read more about the gains that are being made for whānau, hapū and iwi through the support of the Matika – Moving the Māori Nation contestable fund.