Hūtia te rito o te harakeke. Kei hea te kōmako, e kō? Uia mai ki ahau, he aha te mea nui o te ao? Māku e kī atu; he tangata, he tangata, he tangata!
Pluck the heart from the flax bush - where will the bellbird be? Ask me, what is the most important thing in the world? I will reply, it is people, it is people, it is people!
Te Puni Kōkiri realises that the impact of COVID-19 is fast moving and changing every day. Our team have met to see how we best provide support in these unprecedented times to whānau, hapū, iwi, marae and Māori organisations across the motu.
We are here - working hard to ensure that you receive the service and advice you need at this critical time.
Given the current government response around hui and gatherings across the country and in following with these guidelines, we are touching base with you as a current funding agreement holder:
- to see if you have any direct issues and/or impacts on the completion of your project or initiative because of the impact of COVID-19;
- to understand if any reports and/or invoices will be delayed as a result of the impact of COVID-19;
- to understand what support you require to complete your project or initiative because of the impact of COVID-19;
- to understand if changing the way you use the funds to support a COVID-19 response for whānau, hapū, iwi, marae or Māori community - is an option for you; and
- to potentially see if there is a likelihood of cancelling the funding agreement and returning any unused funds because of the impact of COVID-19.
We want to ensure that you the kaitono are not out of pocket and we are working on a process to do this. Once we have this finalised, we will let you know.
We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and adjusting how we can best support you according to what has changed.
If at any stage there are any issues with you being able to complete your project and or initiatives, please contact the Te Puni Kōkiri Key Contact (regional or national) identified in your funding agreement with Te Puni Kōkiri.
Nothing is more important right now than the wellbeing of our whānau and communities. Nothing is more important to Te Puni Kōkiri than standing alongside you to get through this together.
Nāku te rourou, nāu te rourou, ka ora ai te whānau, ngā hapū me ngā iwi o te motu.
Kāti rā ake, tiakina te whānau, me ō tātou kuia, koroua, tamariki me ngā mokopuna katoa o te motu. Me whai whakaaro ki te oranga o te whānau. Mā te wāhi ngaro koe, koutou e tiaki, e manaaki i tēnei wā.
Ngā mihi, nā
Te Puni Kōkiri