Policy Partnerships Te Puni - Te Puni Kōkiri.
Te Puni Kōkiri, the Ministry of Māori Development, works within government and communities to enable thriving whānau. Whānau development and whānau-centred approaches sit at the centre of Te Puni Kōkiri policy, activities and initiatives.
Our Policy Partnerships Te Puni works at the forefront of policy development within Te Puni Kōkiri, and we’re looking to build our existing talent base by recruiting experienced analysts to join our Wellington National Office.
Senior Policy Analysts - we have vacancies across our Economic Wealth Team and Crown-Iwi, Hapū, Whānau, Māori Relations Team.
Policy Analysts - we have vacancies across our Whānau Wellbeing Team, Cultural Wealth Team and Crown-Iwi, Hapū, Whānau, Māori Relations Team.
Senior Policy Analysts
As a Senior Policy Analyst professional you will have proven yourself as a solid and consistent performer in the policy arena. You will have strong analytical skills, lead & influence, and be able to forge strong working relationships with key stakeholders. You will be a natural and effective communicator and you will work collaboratively, with your intellectual peers within Te Puni Kōkiri and, across government departments to produce and inspire innovative policy that delivers results.
As a Policy Analyst you will be responsible for providing high quality analysis and robust research and advice that impacts on Māori positively and contributes to thriving whānau. You will produce and influence the development of innovative, cutting edge policy and you will work collaboratively with your colleagues within Te Puni Kōkiri, across government and with key stakeholders.
To work in the recruiting teams, you will have specialist knowledge in:
- Whānau Wellbeing - such as social policy to support whānau and tamariki to thrive; or
- Cultural Wealth – for instance te reo revitalisation, mātauranga Māori and Māori cultural wellbeing; or
- Crown-Iwi, Hapū, Whānau, Māori Relations – such as building on-the-ground engagement to strengthen relationships and bring the voices of whānau, hapū and iwi into policy; and building capability and governance to strengthen engagement with the Crown; or
- Economic Wealth – for instance economic development policy to support Māori economic wealth to thrive through high performing people, assets and enterprises.
For the Senior Policy Analyst vacancies you will have at least five years’ experience working on complex policy matters and leading the design and development of policy advice to Ministers. For the Policy Analyst vacancies, we are looking for a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a policy role.
You could come from a range of policy backgrounds but while some prior knowledge in the aforementioned fields will be advantageous, what is most important is that you are comfortable coming up to speed quickly with new issues and leading your own work.
You need to be:
- Set apart from the others because of your understanding of Te Ao Māori and Te Reo Māori, and your desire to make a positive tangible difference to Māori
- Experienced at working collaboratively with others to develop solutions and influence
- A critical thinker with analytical rigour who can see things from a range of perspectives
- An excellent communicator both orally and through writing to a range of audiences
- Able to see the big picture yet distil complex issues into clear advice
We Can Offer
- An environment where you’ll prosper as part of a whānau that is committed to the kaupapa of ‘Thriving Whānau’
- An environment that is guided by its values of excellence, valuing people and relationships, working collectively and being creative and innovative
- A promise that we invest in our people – you’ll be encouraged to develop and contribute to your fullest potential
- A commitment towards your wellbeing, financial security and learning & development – we even provide in-house Te Reo Māori training and have our own Kapa Haka group
If you combine all of this with the knowledge that the work you’ll be doing will really make a difference, then you’ll know that these opportunities are truly unique.
To apply, please email your covering letter, a completed application form and your CV to email@example.com.
- Job Description for Senior Policy Analyst
- Job Description for Policy Analyst
- Application Form for Senior Policy Analyst
- Application Form for Policy Analyst.