Te Puni Kōkiri, the Ministry of Māori Development, supports and works in partnership with the Government to design and deliver policies, as well as innovative targeted investment initiatives that have a significant and positive impact on Māori.
Our commitment to enable whānau, hapū and iwi to succeed underpins everything that we do, and supports our vision of ‘Thriving whanau’.
As part of this we oversee $200 million in initiatives fostered to support Māori development outcomes. Our Investment Te Puni is responsible for ensuring that Te Puni Kōkiri is strategic, agile and work to ensure that we are active in making things happen, accountable and can articulate the results for investment decisions for these initiatives.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Advisor to work in our Statutory Entities team who are responsible for the monitoring of, and maintaining relationships with, Māori Development Crown Entities, including working with them to develop and refine key government accountability documents and ensure timely and meaningful reporting.
You will need to foster close working relationships with our Statutory Entities as well as strong networks across Te Puni Kōkiri. You will take the lead on monitoring the performance of providers, working across the Ministry to identify performance issues and risks, and providing practical advice to the Minister.
More specifically you will be a knowledge and relationship lead on one to three entities, support the monitoring role of the Statutory Entities team, undertake review and analysis of entity reports and strategic documents, and provide contract management expertise. You will be responsible for ensuring entity strategic documents, reporting, and all governance appointments meet legislative requirements and the expectations of the Minister.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to write in plain English
- Strong critical reasoning and analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Understanding of machinery of government, the public sector and in particular the role of statutory/crown entities
- Public sector contract experience and understanding of the business sector
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Comfort working in a tikanga/kaupapa Māori environment
- Experience in crown entity monitoring
- Experience in governance and/or appointments
- A relevant tertiary qualification
This is a permanent full time position based in our Wellington head office.
To apply, please send your current CV and a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘IN008’.