The core purpose of Te Puni Kōkiri, the Ministry of Māori Development, is to support Government to strengthen Treaty of Waitangi partnerships and facilitate iwi, hapū and whānau Māori to succeed at home and globally.
The Regional Partnerships Te Puni is responsible for:
- Developing robust relationships with iwi, hapū and whānau Māori at a national and regional level
- Developing other partnerships in the regions including with local government agencies
- Using those relationships to gather and disseminate information between government and iwi, hapū and whānau Māori
- Feeding into the development of the investment strategy for Te Puni Kōkiri and implementing this strategy for Te Puni Kōkiri’s non-departmental funding.
Te Puni Kōkiri is seeking to appoint to three Regional Advisor vacancies in our Ikaroa Rāwhiti Regional Office. They are:
- 1 Regional Advisor located in Gisborne (RP 059)
- 2 Regional Advisors located in Hastings (RP 067 & RP 069)
The three successful applicants will have strong relationships with Māori stakeholders in the Ikaroa Rawhiti rohe and demonstrated working relationships with local government, central agencies with a local presence, and communities in general. They will be working within a team that has experience and a wide range of skill sets to support whānau, hapu & Iwi. These positions report to the Regional Manager, Ikaroa Rawhiti.
We are looking for intelligent and innovative Advisors who have:
- Experience in working with whānau, hapū, iwi, Māori organisation’s and Māori communities;
- Understanding and knowledge about government and public sector processes including how and why government can work together with regional communities;
- Worked with communities and government agencies;
- Experience in local contractual arrangements and leading relationships with stakeholders;
- Understanding of the relevance of the Treaty of Waitangi to the work being undertaken;
- Proven effective use of project management disciplines to support work;
- Understanding the relevance of the Treaty of Waitangi to the work being undertaken;
- Excellent communication skills including a conversational level of te reo Maori;
- Ability to identify, build and actively manage significant relationships, valuing diverse perspectives and experiences; and
- A clean and current driver’s license.
So if you have skills as a professional or if you have a similar background this may be an exciting opportunity for you! As a successful candidate you will have the opportunity to contribute to regional work programmes including leading and providing policy advice across a range of project related issues significant to Māori and Government.
In return you will work in a supportive environment, with the opportunity to progress a career in an organisation which plays a key role in Iwi, hapū and whānau Māori succeeding as Māori
If these roles sound like you, we want to hear from you.
Please see below for more information or to down load a copy of the job description and application form for the Regional Advisor (Hastings - RP 067 & RP 069) or Regional Advisor (Gisborne – RP 059) roles.
To apply, please put: role name and RP numbers in the Message Heading and email your CV, Covering letter and a completed application form to email@example.com.
Applications close 5pm 27 April 2018.