The core purpose of Te Puni Kōkiri, the Ministry of Māori Development, is to support Government to strengthen Treaty of Waitangi partnerships that enable iwi, hapū and whānau Māori to succeed as Māori.
Te Puni Kōkiri is looking at ways to strengthen its focus on whānau-centred approaches, and these roles will assist us as we continue to strengthen and grow. Whānau Ora is an innovative whanau-centred approach to empowering whānau to achieve better health, education, housing, skills development and economic outcomes
Vacancy IN 023
The role of the Investment Planning and Performance team is to bring together evidence and analysis to monitor and report on the performance of our funds but also to support smart planning and decision-making and ensuring Te Puni Kōkiri has the evidence to learn and improve its effectiveness.
We are looking for a Senior Advisor/Analyst who can extract data from databases and complex spreadsheets to answer queries, track fund performance, provide analysis, and communicate this to our staff and stakeholders including our Minister.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Have strong critical thinking skills backed up by sound analysis
- Be strongly numerate and be able to communicate/present quantitative data in a way that can be understood by non-technical audiences
- Have a high standard of written and verbal communication
- Be able to provide practical support to our regional teams on investment planning, monitoring and proposal administration.
- Be comfortable working in a tikanga/kaupapa Māori environment
- Have an understanding of Government and the Public Service
It would be desirable if you had experience building SQL queries (or similar) and using common data analytics software.
To apply, email your Covering Letter, CV and a completed Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5 pm Thursday 2 March 2017.