The core purpose of Te Puni Kōkiri, the Ministry of Māori Development, is to support Government to strengthen Treaty of Waitangi partnerships and facilitate iwi, hapū and whānau Māori to succeed at home and globally.
The Organisational Support Te Puni supports Te Puni Kōkiri by providing the processes, systems and advice that enables the organisation to operate effectively.
Te Puni Kōkiri is seeking to appoint two Senior Advisors in the Communications team of Organisational Support Te Puni.
Vacancy OS006 & OS007
Together with Manager Communications, you will lead and support the team by developing communication plans for client groups, providing the Minister and Chief Executive with a high quality and timely speech writing service, draft media releases for client groups, ensure that the ministry’s brand is managed and maintained and providing general communications advice to the staff members and managers across the organisation.
This means that the candidates should have an in depth understanding of the government processes and be able to work in the organisation and across the state sector to support Māori success.
Successful candidates must have:
- Tertiary qualification in communications or other relevant discipline, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role (public sector knowledge would be an advantage)
- Understanding of Te Ao Māori and a degree of fluency in te reo Māori
- Experience in working with Iwi, hapū, whānau, Māori organisations and Māori communities
- Comfortable in working in a Tikanga / kaupapa Māori environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to deliver different messages in different media taking into consideration the appropriateness of the message for the intended audience
- Experience and expertise in communications tools and techniques
- Well-developed relationship management skills to work with a broad range of people including senior management, staff, external media and external contractors
If these roles sound like you, we want to hear from you.
To apply, email your CV, Covering letter and a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5 PM Friday 31 March 2017.