Te Puni Kōkiri, the Ministry of Māori Development, supports the Government to strengthen Treaty of Waitangi partnerships that enable iwi, hapū and whānau Māori to succeed as Māori.
Te Puni Kōkiri is seeking to appoint a Senior Advisor Human Resources and Capability in the Human Resources Team and Capability of the Organisational Support Te Puni.
The Organisational Support Te Puni supports Te Puni Kōkiri by providing the processes, systems and advice that enables the organisation to operate effectively.
Vacancy (OS 077)
We have a vacancy in Te Puni Kōkiri for a Senior Advisor Human Resources. If you have a history of achievement as an HR professional and can demonstrate
- Ensuring new HR policies and systems are fully implemented and operate to standard throughout the Ministry.
- Having significant understanding of the business of ngā puni and using that knowledge to assist in the design and delivery of HR&C products and services. Sharing this knowledge within the HR&C team.
- Ensuring ngā puni managers and employees have the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding to successfully use our HR policies and procedures.
- Identifying and providing relevant HR information to ngā puni to help them more effectively manage their people. This will include trend analysis.
- Providing day-to-day advice to ngā puni managers and employees on the operation of HR policies and procedures.
- Providing expert employee relations advice and mentoring to managers on conditions of employment (selection, appointment and separation, negotiation of employment agreements, problem resolution, discipline and dismissal, health and safety, employee welfare) to ensure they acquire the skills to be able to effectively manage their employee relations in a timely fashion and from a good employer perspective.
- Working with ngā puni to identify and resolve capability or capacity gaps to ensure they are able to achieve their outcomes. This will include helping ngā puni to take a planned approach to capability development.
- Working with ngā puni to identify and manage any HR related business risks that may arise out of their day-to-day operations.
- Keeping the Manager Human Resources and Capability fully informed of any issues which may pose a risk for Te Puni Kōkiri.
Then this is the role for you.
Successful candidates must have:
- Significant experience of delivering quality HR advisory services
- Demonstrated ability to understand and predict client needs.
We may appoint this role at an advisor level depending on the skills and experience of the successful applicant
If this roles sound like you we want to hear from you.
To apply, email your CV, Covering letter and a completed application form to email@example.com.
Applications close 5 pm, Friday 1 September 2017.