The core purpose of Te Puni Kōkiri, the Ministry of Māori Development, is to support Government to strengthen Treaty of Waitangi partnerships that enable iwi, hapū and whānau Māori to succeed as Māori.
Te Puni Kōkiri is looking at ways to strengthen its focus on whānau-centred approaches, and these roles will assist us as we continue to strengthen and grow. Whānau Ora is an innovative whanau-centred approach to empowering whānau to achieve better health, education, housing, skills development and economic outcomes
The role of the Operational Policy and design team is to lead the design of new Te Puni Kōkiri led initiatives and funds and to support continuous improvement of existing initiatives. The team will act as the bridge between policy development and implementation and will provide services in:
- Operational policy design
- Process and system design
- Guidance and support tools
- Service design, including customer insights, customer experience design and service channels.
The Manager, Operational Policy and Design will be responsible for developing and leading the delivery of a work programme across the Puni with a strong focus on managing and building relationships with key internal partners.
The Manager, Operational Policy and Design will also provide leadership and manage a team of operational policy and service design specialists (3FTE) that will meet the needs of the Investment Leads, Regional Managers and their staff through supporting the implementation and delivery of work programmes, funds and initiatives that deliver on the policy intent.
We are looking for someone with the following skills
- Managerial experience in the development of operational policy and programme design models, and business process design
- Proven management experience working in a matrix management environment, and working as part of a management team to resource and deliver work programmes.
- Strong relationship skills to identify, build and manage strategic relationships
- Provide leadership to engage and motivate the team to deliver high quality results that reflect best practice and meet the needs of customers
- Excellent written and verbal influence and persuasion skills
- Ability to champion effective use of project management disciplines to support their work.
To apply, email your Covering Letter, CV and a completed Application Form to email@example.com.
Applications close 5 PM Thursday 2 March 2017.