The Business Manager position is the source of Business Administration expertise for the Investment Puni and reports to the Deputy Chief Executive, Investment.
The Business Manager is responsible for:
- Providing practical management of strategic planning, budgetary and financial management processes
- Supporting specific activities such as contingency planning, security management and emergency procedures
- Coordinating information and issues on behalf of the Deputy Chief Executive.
- Providing future-focused advice on governance and management issues in the puni – including the identification of the various support needs of the puni and contributing to their development and implementation,
- Providing practical management of strategic planning, budgetary and financial management processes for the puni,
- Providing advice and co-ordination of the professional training and development of the support staff in the puni.
- The Business Manager will work collaboratively and flexibly as the work arises.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Professional expertise in Business Administration or a supporting discipline
- Successful experience operating within a Public Service environment
- Demonstrated effective people leadership and management experience including a capability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Proficiency with Microsoft packages especially outlook, word, excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated capability to understand the business cycles and requirements of a core government department including planning, reporting and accounting cycles
- Presentation skills and personal credibility to be able to speak with authority on behalf of the Deputy Chief Executive
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Experience at a senior level in business continuity and emergency planning.
- Comfort in operating in a tikanga / kaupapa Māori environment, a degree of fluency in Te Reo Māori is of benefit
- A tertiary qualification in management or related discipline (or studying towards such a qualification)
To apply, please send your current CV and a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5pm 22 May 2017.