Te Puni Kōkiri, the Ministry of Māori Development, supports the Government to strengthen Treaty of Waitangi partnerships that enable iwi, hapū and whānau Māori to succeed as Māori.
The Organisational Support Te Puni supports Te Puni Kōkiri by providing the processes, systems and advice that enables the organisation to operate effectively.
Te Puni Kōkiri is seeking to appoint an Advisor Human Resources and Capability in our Human Resources Team and Capability team of the Organisational Support Te Puni.
This role is for you if you have achieved, as an HR professional, and can demonstrate the following:-
Human Resource Advisors are responsible for:
- Ensuring new HR policies and systems are fully implemented and operate to standard throughout the Ministry.
- Ensuring ngā puni managers and employees have the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding to successfully use our HR policies and procedures.
- Identifying and providing relevant HR information to ngā puni to help them more effectively manage their people. This will include trend analysis.
- Providing day-to-day advice to ngā puni managers and employees on the operation of HR policies and procedures.
- Providing expert employee relations advice and mentoring to managers on conditions of employment (selection, appointment and separation, negotiation of employment agreements, problem resolution, disciplinary process, health and safety, employee welfare) to ensure they acquire the skills to be able to effectively manage their employee relations in a timely fashion and from a good employer perspective.
- Working with ngā puni to identify and manage any HR related business risks that may arise out of their day-to-day operations.
- Keeping the Manager Human Resources and Capability fully informed of any issues which may pose a risk for Te Puni Kōkiri.
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience of delivering quality HR advisory services
- Demonstrated ability to understand and predict client needs.
If this role sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
To apply, email your CV, Covering letter and a completed application form to email@example.com.
Applications close 5 pm, 22 May 2018.