JUMP TO MAIN CONTENT / HIGH CONTRAST VIEW

Putanga 13 Poutū Te Rangi - Paenga Whāwhā 2009

kokiri 13 rotated cover
Kōkiri – Kōkiri 13 2009

Te Whanganui ā Tara: Te Tatau te Pō

Te Tatau Te Pō

Recently more than 300 people attended Te Tatau o Te Pō Marae’s 75th jubilee celebrations, where a booklet was launched called Te Tatau o Te Pō History 1933-2008 - 75th Jubilee. The original meeting house stood on what is now the corner of Te Puni Street and The Esplanade in Petone. In the 1920s it was moved to where the former Petone West School stood. Then in 1933 it was moved to the present site at 437 Hutt Road, Lower Hutt. Te Tatau o Te Pō Marae has a long, proud history that has now been documented for future generations.