Te Ture Whenua Māori Bill is designed to ensure there are appropriate safeguards for the retention of Māori land as a taonga tuku iho and to make it easier for Māori land owners to make decisions about how they wish to use their land.
First reading of Te Ture Whenua Māori
- A guide to Te Ture Whenua Māori reforms
- Media statement - First Reading [PDF, 126KB]
- Minister's speech
- The Bill
- Whakaputaina tō whakaaro / How the submission process works
- Te Whakatakoto Tāpaetanga / A guide on making a submission to Select Committee
- Making a submission online - the Māori Affairs Select Committee has called for submissions on the Bill with the closing date Thursday, 14 July 2016.